Christmas Card kits are still handmade

As a crafter and card maker for many years, I have been able to add to my "tools of the trade" and collect all sorts of paper, embellishments and ribbons along the way. I am able to create the most extravagant cards using die cuts and various sorts of "bling" because I have these items readily available. But for card makers that are new to this hobby, or want to try something different and make handmade cards this Christmas season, the task may not be that easy, or may end up costing them a small fortune by purchasing all the tools and supplies to make these one of a kind cards. Not to forget the time necessary to come up with the layout and design.

Card kits have become increasingly popular with all age groups. They are great for a first time crafter who may be hesitant about what to do and how to do it. It is also a way for more seasoned crafters to perhaps try out a new skill or technique they may not have tried before. Time can also be a factor. Card kits save on time having everything pre cut, stamped with all supplies right at your finger tips. These card kits also make great Arts and Crafts ideas for teachers during the holidays as well as a thoughtful gift.

Store assembled craft kits many times come with instructions, but for me, they can sometimes feel like they were written in a foreign language. When preparing my card kits, I always include a finished product. I am a visual person, as many people are. Having the ability to visually dissect the making of a card always helps me to create a duplicate.

Now some people may equate handmade with homemade, which for some people equates to tacky or cheap. If you believe this, you have not been on Pinterest or Etsy recently. Many stores cannot duplicate some of these handmade cards that are being created by individuals just like you and me. The craft arena is in boom right now, and will continue to get busier as we approach the holiday months. So if you do decide handmade is the way to go this year, you will want to start thinking about this sooner rather than later.

So whatever path you decide to go down this year, making or giving a handmade card, know that your recipients will appreciate the extra mile and personalized sentiment. Choose what is right for you and give or make a handmade card with pride. It will single out your card from the crowd this year.



I entered my Holiday cards in the following challenges:

 

27 comments:

  1. Wonderful work and I love the envie as well as the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creations!
    Thanks for being with us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards here. Thanks for joining us at the Merry Monday Christmas Card Club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards Monika, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely comment on 'handmade'! I agree with every word, and smiled through it all. Of course when the said cards look as beautiful as these, it's easy to agree! The green plaid background is just plain perfect with the tree. Of course the envelope is the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the great comments. I always make a matching envelope with my cards. It is my finishing touch and makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely vintage-style card Monica. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Great soft colors and a fun layout. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. Love the tree and the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty creation! So happy that you played with the MM inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creations! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's CSAYL challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for entering your lovely cards into my CHNC challenges. You could also share this lovely card for The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - I'd love to see it there too, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT. Hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards and colours you have used...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty cards! Thanks for sharing with Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are very pretty, I especially love the image and colors of the first card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for adding for the Glory of Christmas - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The snowman is cute, great card, thanks for entering into Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us att Crafty Creations Challenges.
    Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweetie, thanks for sharing at CCC. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards... I particularly like the top one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely creations. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, so nice lovely set of Christmas Card...

    Hugs
    Kim

    Please visit my new site DigiDarlaDesigns.com I appreciate it much thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your Christmas cards.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...