National Ovarian Cancer Month


Many people know that October is Breast Cancer awareness month. Stores are collecting donations, adds are on the television talking about the Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk as well as other events that will be happening next month. But you don't hear a lot about National Ovarian Cancer Month. The color they use is Teal rather than Pink, they also have walks and they are constantly working to create the awareness of this disease. I have been unfortunate to have several of my family members afflicted with these diseases. Both are very intrusive and of course life changing.

My family members that have gone through this are very strong women and refuse to give up. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have 3 sisters, and based on odds, one of us may end up going through this at some time in our lives. I pray that if that ever does happens that there will be less intrusive remedies available. I have participated in the walk in years past, and my youngest sister did the 3-Day walk, bless her heart (and her feet).


 I have several Breast Cancer Awareness cards, but do not have any Ovarian Cancer Awareness cards. This is something I will have to remedy next year.  Many of us have known someone that has gone through this or is going through this and it is important to continue to show your support, however you can, weather it be with a donation, or as simple as a card to let them know you are thinking of them.




I have entered my Breast Cancer Awareness Cards in the following Challenges:

Creative Craft Challenge - #19 Use Ribbon
Inky Chickes - #13 Pretty in Pink
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - #80 Anything Goes
Make it Monday - #158 Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for bringing attention to this. Your card is lovely and we're so glad you joined us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! My mother lost her battle with breast cancer that had come back in the bone. My sister is a breast cancer survivor. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Pink Creations! thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...