Dachshund (Weiner) Christmas Note Cards

CJ & Dot
CJ as a puppy
Happy Wednesday! We are mid way through the week, only two more days to go until the weekend! Hang in there.  I wanted to share with you  my latest card, along with my photo inspiration. While I only have one son, I am a mother to three. Yes I have two Dachshunds and I love them like they were my kids. They are the sweetest and most annoying little dogs. I say annoying, as they truly think they are human. We found CJ last night tucked into my sons bed with his head on the pillow. He did this himself. And boy do they have attitude when you put them outside for a while. They just don't understand why they have to be locked up outside when the rest of the family is inside. My neighbor bred both of these cuties..She has five Dachsunds, and yes she calls herself "Grandma" to these little pups. She has been "hounding" me to make some Dachshund cards, so I thought I would surprise her.
Dot as a puppy
 I plan on making a matching card holder box to house these cute little note cards. I have a paw print stamp that will work perfect for that.

I purchased the digi stamp from an etsy shop called paperaddictions.

  • White card stock for base of the card. 
  • Embossed black card stock with cuttlebug - houndstooth
  • Paw print paper from Recollections
  • Santa hat from Recollections

I would like to enter my "weiner" dog cards into the following challenges:

Ends Nov 25 - MIM - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 24 - Challenges for Everybody - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 24 - Scribble & Scrap - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 21 - 7 Kids College Fund - #86 Anything Goes
Ends Nov 26 - Fab n Funky - #194 Anything Goes
Ends Nov 25 - TTCRD - Anything Goes
Ends Dec 9 - Anonymous Stamps - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 25 - HMFMC - Favorite Things
Ends Nov 24 - Scrapbook Stamp Society - Embossing
Ends Nov 30 - Without Words - Getting Ready for Christmas
Ends Nov 21 - Moving Along with the times - Furry Friends



13 comments:

  1. what a cute little dog and card Monica.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute and so are your little dachshunds! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea and a lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at Anonymous Stamps.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little card. thanks for joining us at Anonymous Stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very well trained parents to two yorkies, so I completely understand. This is a very cure card showing off the Christmas Dachshund.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card you made with my digi! I am so excited. Thank you for letting me know and yes I will be contacting you as soon as I get some new images in my shop. Thank you. Sincerely, Jackie Mathews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Greetings Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is an adorable card, and your pups are so sweet, but in order to join the challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, you must use a House Mouse Designs image. Still time to enter, challenge runs through Nov 30.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT A CUTE CARD ,love the sweet dog and fab hat
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and fabulous puppies...awwwww!

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card hunny, love those colours, and your design is ace! Thanks for joining us at Without Words this month. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely card, such a sweet image.
    Thank you for joining us at the House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge, unfortunately to be entered into the draw you must use a House Mouse Designs image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...