With Love from Goonkie

I come to you today to share a card I am sending to my Aunt in New Mexico. I lost my Uncle this morning and my heart is sad. It is funny how you may not speak to someone in a while, but your heart can still hurt when you loose someone that was a very big part of your life in the past.

Growing up my uncle was always around us. I spent summers with him and my Aunt as a young girl and have some very fond memories. He and my other uncle had a nick name for me and it is something I had not thought about in a while. They called me "Goonkie." Now I am not sure where that came from, but it was who I was to them. They even had a little lyric they would sing...I'm talkin about Goonks MaGoonks...

Sounds silly, but it makes me smile to think about it. My heart is heavy as I think about how in an instant, we can loose family and friends. This was sudden and unexpected, which makes the shock even harder.  My Aunt always comments on my cards on FB and is a great supporter. I am sending this to her today with my Love.

Uncle Bud, if you can hear me, know that your Goonkie loved you and you will always be a fond memory in my heart.

The sentiment was provided by Lisa over at Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. Here is a closer look:


I'm sharing this card with Word Art Wednesday.
Inky Chicks - Black and White and Favorite Color


3 comments:

  1. Monica I was saying that I am really sorry for your loss and I really enjoyed your trip down memory lane, it is so sweet... My thoughts are with you and I know your Aunt will absolutely love and appreciate this beautiful card! Just love love the stamping and the sentiment from Lisa is beautiful. Lots of love, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Monica, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss and for him to die so suddenly is all the more devastating. Even though he is gone it is nice that you have so many fond memories of him to reflect on. Please know that I am thinking of you during this difficult time.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a wonderful color combination, and you've done an amazing job with it. This turned out SO beautifully, and I want to thank you for stopping by to share in our challenge this week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...