Altered Memory Box

Hi everyone! It has been a couple of days since I have checked in, so I thought I would share a project with you I made about a bit ago, but have not had time to blog about it.

There is a local cigar shop just down the street from me that sells me his empty cigar boxes. I thought they would be great to alter and use for little storage boxes and house some of my cards. I am thinking about making some card sets as well.


I have never done decoupage before, so this was NEW to me, but I thought it would be fun to try since I love layering so much. I started by painting the box using Forest Moss distress paint. The paper stack I used is from DCWV and is called The primrose Paper stack.  I used Range's Glue n Seal to adhere the paper



Here is a close look at all the embellishments I added.  I wasn't sure how the stamping would come out, but I think it looks pretty good. I used the Hampton Art 7 Gypsies cling stamps and Teresa Collins Sentiment stamps from Fiskars.

I decorated the sides of the box using Remnant rubs - Botanical life quotes.


I think the hardest part was getting the measurements just right.


I have made a list of everything I used if you want to give it a try. I have made a few more since then that I will share when the time is right. But this was my first one, and not to bad, if I do say so myself.

Supplies

Spellbinders - Lovely View Die
DCWV - The Primrose Paper stack

I would like to enter my box into the following challenges:

  • Sugar Creek Hollow NO CARDS Closing


  • Anything Goes A Creative Romance Anything Goes 
  • The Stamping Boutique -  No.47 -  Anything But a Card





  • 7 comments:

    1. This is beautiful! For never having done decoupage before, you've done a completely wonderful job.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Such a pretty alteration of that cigar box. I have been able to con my local store out of a few empty boxes too and they can be so useful once you make them pretty. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
      Hugs!
      Cec

      ReplyDelete
    3. Monica this is very beautiful made lookst great
      Thanks for join us at
      {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

      Karin

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wonderful memory box love the colors. I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

      TTFN,

      CraftyGirl
      craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
      The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘CELEBRATE SOMETHING NEW’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
      Hugs
      Desíre
      {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
      {Doing Life – my personal blog}

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is very beautiful thanks for joining us at DS4J this forthnight and good luck
      Hugs Tonnie

      ReplyDelete

    Featured Post

    Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

       Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...