Honoring Family

Hi everyone and happy Sunday! I wanted to share with you a burlap collage panel I made yesterday. Since we have Mother's & Father's Day coming up in a few months, I thought I would capture both and honor family.  It also gave me a chance to play along in the challenge over at A Vintage Journey.



They are celebrating their one year anniversary this month and in honor of that have chosen a theme of anything Tim. I have used several elements from the Tim Holtz collection, so let me show you what I did.



I started out by covering my burlap panel with tissue paper. I used Mod Podge to adhere it to the panel and then added some distress stain to give it some color. It typically takes me several tries to get the exact layout that I want so there were several rearranging of items.


I had this family film strip already that I created using Pic Monkey and chose to use the Patriarch as my main focal point. One of the cards from found relatives worked well for this. I created the Family antique flash card using a free image over at Vintage Farmhouse Living. She has some fantastic free printables. So if you have some time, it is worth the click.


I cut out the weathered clock image and distressed it using walnut stain and rusty hinge paint. I used this clock to frame my focal point.


I didn't want the clock arms to go to waist, so I added them to the heart die cut that I had covered using distress stickles. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


Supplies I used:


8 comments:

  1. Brilliantly constructed project which I'm sure will be treasured by the family Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, I really like that you used the hands off the clock on the heart.
    Thanks for joining us over at Challenge up your life!
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage collage and I love how you have the film strip at the side along with the little brass buttons. Thanks for joining in the challenge at A Vintage Journey and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I love the vintage look to your project! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #13!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love all of the layers and details!! What a fabulous canvas!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful family themed panel Monica! Your background is lovely with the text and stain - and nicely placed pics, die cuts and ephemera! thanks for joining us in the AVJ All things Tim challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous vintage neutrals - this is a lovely creation. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely you could join the birthday celebrations at AVJ with this amazing card Monica, you have captured the vintage genre perfectly and filled it with 'Tim' goodness.
    Thanks for hopping aboard.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...