The details make the card

I have been making cards for over 5 years now, and like many of you, my focus to detail is usually on the front cover of the card. We take our time to make sure our papers match and that our image is stamped perfectly.  We add our embellishments and many times finish it off with a sentiment.


It wasn't until recently that a friend reminded me about how simple small details can turn a good card into a great card. We take such care in making the outside beautiful, we forget to finish the inside. How wonderful would it be to not only get a beautiful card and open it up and see that the inside matches. Not only is it beautiful, but the extra card stock adds to the weight of the card to make it very sturdy.


Justine also reminded me this month with her series to create matching envelopes. It takes very little extra effort to stamp the envelope. Afterall, we already have the ink and the stamp out right?

But it is the subtle touches as well. The green leaves I added to the vines, the three butterflies that pop. They turn a good card into a great card.

                          

So it is good to step back and evaluate your work, or better yet, ask a friend, what could I do to turn a good card into a great card? I am really glad that I did!


Supplies:



2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog post and a beautiful card! Love the inside touches and the pretty finish on the envelope. Well done Monica! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The small details really do make a difference I am finding.

      Delete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...